Welcome to AFCEA Portugal
AFCEA Portugal started its formation at the beginning of 1987, with a visit of some directors of AFCEA Internacional who, together with civil and military engineers, encouraged the creation of a Chapter in Portugal. This group of technicians submitted their application, which was accepted by the international structure.
The initial associates, amounting to twenty-four, met to consecrate AFCEA Portugal on 31 January 1988 with the presence of the General Director of AFCEA-Europe . Soon after that the Association was set up by public deed as a non-profit organization without equity.
Up till now, the Association has been financially managed with grants given by Official Entities and its associates.
The first President of the Board was Commanding Officer Engineer Fernando Salvador.
AFCEA Portugal has the following general goals:
- To create facilities so that the people responsible for the National Defence in the Communications, Electronics, Intelligence and Information Systems areas may exchange knowledge and ideas with responsible technicians of the Industries and alike Research Centres;
- To promote initiatives for the interchange of that knowledge and ideas aiming at facilitating knowledge of the needs and updated requirements of Defence as well as the Industry and Research capacities to meet them.
AFCEA Portugal organized up till now:
- Eight international symposiums in C4l ;
- A Congress on National Security and Defense (2010);
- Several meetings with associates;
- A seminar about Simulation, organized together with AFCEA-Spain.